How existing residents can benefit
The development of Halsnead Garden Village (Phase I) could deliver a host of benefits for the local area, including:
- Up to 360 high quality homes delivered by one of the largest privately owned house builders in the county, including a mix of housing types and tenures to meet local needs;
- The first phase of the wider Halsnead Garden Village proposals that will deliver 1,600 much-needed new homes in Knowsley;
- An attractive residential development based on the principles of a ‘Garden City’ that will including a range of house sizes, including 2, 3 and 4 bedroom properties;
- Properties within walking distance to the range of shops, services and local amenities in Whiston, as well as access to the strategic highway network and public transport links.
- Green space, including an equipped play area, along with a series of green spaces suitable for informal play, to support healthy lifestyles and family life for new and existing residents;
- A network of green access corridors for pedestrians and cyclists to use and enjoy to promote accessible and avoid dependency on the car;
- A development that is an organic extension to Whiston and paves the way for the wider proposals by establishing a precedent that will preserves the local character of the area;
- A development that will retain existing trees and hedgerows, with additional planting to enhance the green space across the site;
- Improved public open space and green access corridors, which will feed into the wider Garden Village design and complement the delivery of the proposed Country Park.
- An economic boost for local shops and businesses in the area with increased numbers of people spending locally in addition to one-off purchases made by new residents to make their house a home;
- A financial contribution to the local area through the New Homes Bonus Scheme over six years;
- Financial support for the development of Halsnead Garden Village from the Government;
- Opportunities for local employment, with the creation of new direct jobs in the construction industry, as well as indirect jobs in the supply chain during the build phase;
- A financial contribution towards a new Primary School, which will be delivered as part of the wider Halstead Garden Village proposals;
- Additional Council Tax receipts from the new properties;
- Substantial investment by one of the UK’s largest privately owned house builders.